Saturday, December 09, 2006

Digital Skills #4 and #5: HTML and Javascript

Okay, these are currently the definition of 3-pointers, but hey, it's my first time! And as you can see, there is not much design to my webpages, I can't seem to figure out how to hook in the CSS page I have and get it to work in my code. But, I am officially shutting it down for the night, 10 hours on the computer is about all I can take, I've listened to all the music in my library twice (just kidding)!! And I do want to pat myself on the back a little for doing this HTML sans Dreamweaver, I just didn't want to spend $200 for it. But, of course, I couldn't have done it without Jeremy's template! Should I give him $20 for that???

As for the cool timeline I have, I need to play around with condensing it a bit since there is a lot of "dead space" in there, but I think it looks pretty snazzy if you ask me. Thanks Jenny for pointing me to the SMILIE thing, it wasn't TOO bad, although I had my troubles. A few times, it just wouldn't load my changes, so I kept changing it, then I retyped the web address instead of refreshing it and for some reason, that did the trick. I am starting to see how finicky these dang websites can be from the other (dark?) side!


www.ColonialVirginiaArchive.com is my homepage

and www.colonialvirginiaarchive.com/timeline is my javascript, although you can get to it from the homepage too. Oh yeah, that's right, I linked them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home